Friday, February 20, 2009

On their way...

...to Stitches:



...and that's where my stuff will be. Come and play, West Coasters. Wish I could be there helping out at the booth, but the stars weren't properly aligned for a visit to the Homeland. But, please say hello to Jamie and Blas of Urban Fauna Studio...they are awesome!

Here are some things I sent out for the show:


All manner of goodies. Hard to put several weeks worth of work into a box and send it out into the world. I put a great deal of love into creating this round (as I do every time I spin or felt), and will get to work again this weekend preparing a shipment of felt for the Quilt Show the following weekend. I will be offering more pieces of fabric in my shop, as well. Any input on good sizes for craftspeople to work with are welcomed! I'm just sort of winging it and offering random sizes.

I'm feeling a bit more relaxed since my last emotional post...especially taking to heart something [info]mbernadette said in her comment...that (and I'm embellishing a bit here) it's just not worth it to make myself miserable in the present over a past that no longer exists or a future that hasn't happened yet. Right now I am surrounded by good friends, good food, a beautiful roof over my head, swirling snow flurries dancing outside, warm tea in my belly, and more ideas in my head than I have time to bring to fruition. As confused about the future as I am, as much as I can glorify the recent past, thing right now and right here are just as they should be, comfortable and full of blessings if I just allow myself to see them.

And [info]mbernadette , darlin', here is how Rapunzel spun up:

Soft, squishy camel. Yum.

And [info]sarahcoyne , I almost named this one after you, as it screamed "SARAH'S COLORS!"...perhaps a bit more teal-y and green-y in real life than in the pic:


It's time to go back to the "house" the Little Guy built for us behind the couch. It's cozy and warm and safe from the gale a'blowin' outside. Complete with a comfy bed (a big piece of wood with a small pillow), a potty (ottoman) a roof (chair) and a place to keep my tape measure.

Happy Friday, all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautiful, lovely new work!