Thursday, June 11, 2009

Craigslist is my new best friend

Rather, it might as well be. I spend pretty much every waking hour scouring housing ads. It's very discouraging. For the last five years, we've owned our home and could do whatever we want. All this dogs-but-no-cats shit and please-don't-touch-the-lawn-because-we-h
ave-landscapers-who-will-touch-it-for-you-at-inconvenient-times is really frustrating me. Now that I'm a sort-of landlord myself, I really don't care what people do, as long as they don't trash the house on purpose and will be responsible if they really screw something up. Have a cat. Have a horse. Have a cow, even! Just be happy.

I'm really hoping there is an inexpensive couple of acres that we can stick a yurt on while we spend a year or two or three building a cob house. That would make me ever so much happier than having to worry about preventing the little guy from drawing on a wall or some such...after all, I do encourage creating art wherever one happens to be inspired.

I knew this wasn't going to be easy.

In other news, I have a massage today. It was a gift and I'm trying to gear myself up for it, as I have absolutely no idea how to relax. I used to work behind the desk there and would get a free massage each month...usually I would become really anxious and tense before the massage and then just wish it was over the whole time. I'm going for a different approach today, and I'll let you know how it works.

No comments: