Monday, June 22, 2009

Plunking Away

In one week, I say goodbye to Vermont as home.
Soon, it will just be one of those places I visit, where friends live whom I miss but don't keep in touch with as much as I'd like, a place to pine for when I'm lonely and a place to be glad I'm not when I have a mild northern CA winter.

BUT, I don't really have time to think about it, as I spin and spin and make arrangements for getting stuff home. I am beyond exhausted...the boy is clingy because he misses C (we are going on the fifth week of single-parenting) and so I don't start working until 9pm. He wakes up around 7am, so there is not much happening in the way of rest...but I'm accumulating a nice pile of work for Renegade.

Even though I was fighting to keep my eyes open during story time, we managed to create a little solstice festivity. Behold, Mr. Sun:


He's made from soft, plant-dyed felt, cotton/linen thread and LOVE.

They made friends:



We lit a candle at dinner while it poured and poured outside. The sun was mysteriously absent from his big day. We are hoping he's made at least enough of an appearance in the last few days to ripen some strawberries up on the ridge, but I'm preparing myself for slim-pickin' at the farm.

Today is filled with good-bye...friends I won't see again before the Big Day and friends who are starting their own new journey West. Impossible now to deny it's really happening.

xoxoxo

No comments: